Typical Length or Study
Undergraduate : 8 Scheduled Semesters (4 Years)
Master : 4 Scheduled Semesters (2 Years)
Doctoral : 3.5 – 5 Years
Why Choose UMS
Muhammadiyah Network : Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta (UMS) id onr of the biggest Universties organised by Muhammadiyah. Muhammadiyah with approzimately 29 million members is one of the largest socioreligous organisations in Indonesia. Estabiled in 1912, Muhammadiyah is older than The Republic of Indonesia. Muhammadiyah is known to be a modern Muslim organisation that plays a significant role in indoneisa’s development through impressive records of providing education and health services in Indonesia.
Recognitions : One of 50 Promising Universities in Indonesia (By: Webometrics, January 2011), Excellence Brand Award 2009 and 2010 (Category: Private University, By: Survey One and Rich Mark).
- Location :
Specialised Research and Study Center: Research activities are carried out at UMS trough a number of specialised research centres and individual research. The activities are supported by funding gained from various sources. Such as: goverment,private institutions and Industries.Lower Living Cost: Compared to other cities in Indonesia, Surakarta is considered to have significantly lower living cost. Therefore, international students and researchers can save financial expenses while preparing their future.
- Campus location is very strategic. It’s easy to be accessed by public transportation (bus, minicab and taxi), car or motorcycle.
- Airport, Bus Station on Railway Station is only 15 minutes from UMS.
- Direct flight from Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to Adisumarmo International Airport, Surakarta.
- Kasunanan and Mangkunegaran Palaces are only 20 minutes from UMS.
- Within close proximity to 3 UNESCO’s world Heritage Sites: Sangiran Early Man Site (15 km north of UMS), Prambanan Temple (48 km southwest of UMS) and Borobudur Temple (80 km southwest of UMS).
© 2016 - Office of Internatonal Affairs UMS
Office of Internatonal Affairs UMS